World Stroke Organization+41 22 908 04 88| email@example.com |
The World Stroke Organization (WSO) is the world’s leading organization in the fight against stroke. It was established in October 2006 through the merger of the International Stroke Society and the World Stroke Federation with the purpose of creating one world voice for stroke. Today, WSO has more than 2000 individual members and over 60 society members from 85 different countries.
Its mission is to reduce the global burden of stroke through prevention, treatment and long-term care. They aim to accomplish its mission by:
- Fostering the best standards of practice
- Increasing stroke awareness among the population and among health professionals
- Preventing subtle cerebrovascular disease leading to gait disorders, imbalance, vascular cognitive impairment and behavioural changes
- Influencing policies for stroke prevention and improved health services
- Providing education in collaboration with public and private organizations
- Facilitating stroke research advocacy for people with stroke
- Fostering the development of systems and organisations for long-term support of stroke survivors and their families
For additional contact information visit this page.
- There were no results found.