- This event has passed.
Western Neuroradiological Society (WNRS) Annual Meeting – International Institute for Continuing Medical Education (iiCME)
October 14, 2016 - October 16, 2016$700
The WNRS Annual Meeting is designed to introduce clinically relevant advances in Neuroradiology and provide an in-depth review of topics within Neuroradiology. The meeting will feature Focus Sessions in Head and Neck, Advanced Brain Imaging, New Approaches to Spine Imaging, Interventional Neuroradiology, Pediatric Neuroradiology, as well as more General Medical Knowledge as it relates to Neuroimaging.
Upon completion of this course the following goals and objectives will have been met:
- Understand pathology of the head and neck, including HPV-related cancers, imaging issues regarding cancer resectability, and misdiagnoses in head and neck imaging.
- Become acquainted with advanced brain imaging techniques such as grading of brain neoplasms and use of molecular markers, restriction spectrum imaging for brain tumors, use of magnetoencephalography in the diagnosis of concussion, and understanding the effect of Gadolinium deposition in the brain.
- Learn about novel imaging techniques and approaches in spinal imaging
- Review commonly overlooked findings in pediatric neuroradiology
- Understand current concepts and new technology for brain and spine neurointerventional procedures
- Obtain additional general medical knowledge as it pertains to neuroimaging including MRI scanning in the emergency department, healthcare reform, performance enhancement, and the art and science of persuasion.
The 48th Annual Meeting of the Western Neuroradiological Society is geared for the neuroradiologist and radiologist in academic or private practice, physicians in a neurologically-related specialty, physicians in training or post-graduate training in a radiology-related specialty, as well as physicians interested in the brain, head and neck, and spine-related imaging and interventional techniques.