- This event has passed.
Updates in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Management – The Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA)
September 7, 2016 - September 9, 2016£490
A three-day meeting which consists of lectures, each of which is followed by ample time for discussion. It is intended for doctors engaged in clinical anaesthesia, pain management and intensive care medicine (i.e. Consultants, Staff and Associate Specialist Grades or their overseas equivalent) who feel they may benefit from a refresher meeting in the latest advances in areas of practice they may be exposed to regularly or only occasionally. To achieve this goal, experts will present up-to-date information on a wide range of topics. Some lectures will also inform participants on advances in basic sciences relevant to anaesthesia and allied specialties.
The learning objectives are to facilitate familiarisation with the latest developments in the various areas covered, to make participants aware of progress in a structured manner, and to bring them to understand better how changes in practice based on new information will benefit their patients.
Lectures will include:
- The management of chronic post surgical pain
- Analgesics in the 21st century
- Maternity critical care
- Addiction and the anaesthetist
- Sepsis update
- TIVA and cancer survival
- What is good perioperative fluid management?
- Management of the traumatised airway
May be subject to change
Delegate feedback from the previous event:
- “Fantastic content. Nearly every topic was relevant and useful for my current practice.”
- “These ‘recent advances’ courses are outstanding value both financially and in terms of CPD. I try to attend every year.”