- This event has passed.
Training and Assessment in the Clinical Environment (TrACE) – The Royal College Of Surgeons Of England
September 16, 2016 @ 8:15 AM - 7:00 PM£400
Through a number of interactive sessions and practical activities, this one-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed for the roles and responsibilities of an educational and clinical supervisor. Mapped against the seven areas of competency as outlined in the GMC Standards for the Recognition and Approval of Trainers, TrACE is a route to the required formal recognition as a clinical or educational supervisor.
- Trainers, educational supervisors and clinical supervisors: differences in roles, responsibilities and requirements
- Equality and diversity; individual differences
- Dignity at work (bullying and harassment)
- Principles of assessment and feedback
- Supporting trainees in difficulty
- Conducting effective appraisals
Mapped to the seven areas of competency as outlined in the GMC Standards for the Recognition and Approval of Trainers
- Compare and contrast the roles of trainer, educational supervisor and clinical supervisor
- Work constructively with individual differences
- Describe the impact of bullying and harassment on the individual and the wider organisation.
- Outline the principles of effective assessment and feedback, with particular reference to workplace based assessments including the ARCP
- Devise ways for working more effectively with trainees, including those identified as being in difficulty
- Conduct a successful educational appraisal