- This event has passed.
The Power of Unwritten Prescriptions: Leveraging Diet, Exercise and Targeted Nutrients in Cardiometabolic Disease – American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
April 15, 2016 - April 16, 2016$695
For decades, the prevention and treatment of cardiometabolic disease has focused on managing risk factors like lipid levels, hyperglycemia, and blood pressure. But a paradigm shift is occurring. As research in cardiometabolic disease evolves, so too does the need to understand the influence of diet and exercise in effective prevention.
This two-day symposium featuring seven lifestyle medicine authorities. Each brings a unique perspective to the conversation on expanding the focus of treating cardiometabolic disease. Day 1 will delve into the clinical evidence supporting the role of lifestyle modification in cardiometabolic disease treatment. Day 2 will demonstrate seamless implementation of these principles in practice. You will walk away from the symposium with fresh insight and the tools to apply these concepts in practice, helping your patients implement long-term lifestyle changes and prevent a pervasive health concern.
- Examining the Cardiometabolic Patient
- Deciphering the Difference Between Functional and Risk Factor Management
- Assessing the Role of Environmental Signals and the Metabolic Continuum in Cardiometabolic Disease
- Understanding the Multifactorial Approach to Cardiometabolic Disease Progression
- Evaluating the Epidemiological Evidence in Various Dietary Patterns and Metabolic Disease
- Utilizing Tools to Implement the Correct Dietary Pattern and Permanently Change Patient Behavior
- Understanding the Molecular Mechanisms of Physical Exercise and How They Prevent Disease
- Applying and Progressing an Appropriate Exercise Prescription for Patients
- Evaluating the Latest Research in Targeted Nutraceuticals for Patients with Cardiometabolic Disease
- Creating, Enhancing and Promoting Your Brand
- Attracting and Retaining the Types of Patients You Want to Treat