- This event has passed.
The Oral Systemic Connection – Prospects and Challenges – The University of Florida
December 2, 2017 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM$369
Recent studies have reported an increased association between periodontal disease and a variety of medical conditions characterized by their chronicity and their increased rate of inflammation. This seminar will review the current literature on the topic and will examine the potential mechanisms underlying this association. Oral manifestation of various medical conditions and oral side effects of various medications will be presented.
- Review the potential association between periodontal disease and cancer
- Describe the association between periodontal disease and cardiovascular disease and stroke
- Examine the bidirectional relationship between diabetes and periodontal disease
- Describe the potential link between periodontal disease and Alzheimer disease
- Describe the association between periodontal disease and preterm delivery – what should we tell our patient?
- Describe the link between periodontal disease and the risk for osteoporosis and respiratory diseases
- Describe the association between periodontal disease and obesity
- Describe the receptor for advanced glycation products and its potential involvement in the oral systemic association
- Describe the oral manifestation of systemic diseases
- Describe the oral manifestation of side effects of different medications