- This event has passed.
The Art and Science of Advanced Micro-Thin Ultrasonic Instrumentation in Periodontal Therapy – The University of Florida
March 10, 2016 @ 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM$549
Leave traditional root planing behind and move into a new era of periodontal care.
Micro-thin ultrasonic instrumentation decreases fatigue and enhances efficiency with new topical anesthetics and techniques to manage difficult access, including the pesky furcation! Incorporating power driven instrumentation into the periodontal component of the practice provides a time effective adjunct to definitive root planing and the deplaquing process of the periodic supportive maintenance.
Enhance your armamentarium in treating today’s initial and recare periodontal patient where surgical therapy may not be feasible. By incorporating a combination of both manual and ultrasonic instrumentation in tandem with antimicrobials, the participant is taken to new heights in providing a synergistic level of care.
- Be familiar with the current literature justifying the use of power driven instrumentation.
- State the indications and contraindications for their use, including safety precautions.
- Select the necessary instrumentation commercially available to achieve effective results.
- Implement techniques unique to this modality, especially in the area of enhancing patient comfort.
- Incorporate power driven instrumentation into the periodontal component of the practice.
- Utilize electronic data collection to find and market periodontal care.
- Operateultrasonics with micro-thin inserts in a sulcular arena with an array of medicaments.
- Provide ergonomic techniques to decrease physical fatigue and enhance time efficiency.