- This event has passed.
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy – Advanced Health Education Center (AHEC)
August 13, 2016 @ 8:00 AM - 4:15 PM$259
The stereotactic core biopsy is both fast, accurate and highly technologist dependent. Providing quality stereotactic procedures requires skill and knowledge beyond what can be accomplished in a classroom with a PowerPoint presentation. This training course provides technologist the knowledge, followed by hands on demonstrations of the skills needed to become proficient in both the prone and upright stereotactic procedure. A seasoned mammography/stereotactic technologist will guide you through the step by step procedure, and assist you with troubleshooting and other important aspects of this unique lifesaving biopsy method. Register early, the course enrollment is limited due to the hands on component of the training.
- History of Stereotactic Biopsy
- Roles and Responsibilities: mammographer, radiologist, physicist, referring physician
- Principles of Stereotactic core biopsy
- Equipment: dedicated and add-on units
- Biopsy Devices
- Step-by-step Procedures for Prone and Upright
- Quality Control
- MRI Stereotactic Biopsy