- This event has passed.
Specialty Skills in Breast eLearning Programme – The Royal College of Surgeons of England
September 15, 2016£969
This is an interactive e-learning programme that combines the flexibility of online learning materials with two face-to-face days. It is specifically designed to strengthen the foundations for those interested in taking up the specialty of breast surgery, as well as those working within a multidisciplinary team. The syllabus has been developed to reflect the ISCP’s breast curriculum and clinical experiences necessary for progression at this stage.
The online modules guide you through your acquisition of knowledge with interactive screens, videos and quizzes. The online element is complemented with two days: a practical skills workshop held at the Royal College of Surgeons of England in London and a pathology and case-based discussion day at Milton Keynes Hospital. These days enable participants to come together with the faculty.
- Skills Day at the College – 15 September 2016
- Workshop Day at Milton Keynes – 4 November 2016
- Understanding delivery of a breast service
- Examining and diagnosis of triple assessment and fine needle aspiration cytology
- Introduction to primary breast cancer and the role of multidisciplinary teams
- Understand the principles, rationale and processes of breast screening, and the techniques used to manage impalpable lesions
- Presentation and management of benign breast problems, and the significance of family history
- Understand the basic procedures in breast surgery, and the principles of preoperative and postoperative care for breast surgery theatre technique
- Overview of breast reconstruction following mastectomy
- Understand the main aspects of breast pathology and techniques as applied to management of breast disease