- This event has passed.
Spasticity and other Movement Disorders: Pediatric and Adult Symposium – Cleveland Clinic
May 13, 2016 - May 14, 2016$280
The symposium will highlight strategies to assess and manage spasticity, and to enhance function and quality of life in individuals suffering from the consequences of spasticity. The topics will cover management options (rehabilitation, devices, medical and surgical treatments) across neurological conditions that cause spasticity, and throughout the patient’s lifetime. A combination of didactic presentations, case discussions, and breakout sessions will be used to illustrate the complexity of decision making and outcome measurement. The interaction between the audience and faculty will be encouraged throughout the symposium. An emphasis will be placed on information that can be applied in clinical practice, including recent advances. While spasticity will be the main topic, the assessment, and management of other movement disorders will also be discussed.
Neurologists, neurosurgeons, physiatrists, pediatricians, primary care physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and other disciplines involved in the diagnosis and treatment of spasticity and other movement disorders.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Describe the pathophysiology and the consequences of upper and lower extremity spasticity
• Identify rehabilitation techniques and devices to optimize function and quality of life in patients with spasticity
• Explain medical and surgical treatment options for spasticity
• Discuss strategies to combine treatment options to address individual needs of patients with spasticity
• Identify and manage other movement disorders associated with spasticity.