- This event has passed.
Sleep! (A CME Opportunity for Physicians) – Harvard Medical School
May 2, 2016 - May 4, 2016$775
This course will offer current updates on insomnia, circadian rhythms, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and more from top Harvard experts.
Faculty includes internationally renowned lecturers: Drs. Martin A Samuels, Charles A Czeisler, Susan Redline, and many others from multiple Harvard-affiliated hospitals. The course directors, Drs. Pavlova and Horowitz have an extensive track record as national course leaders and speakers.
The goals of the course are to improve your understanding of sleep physiology including the impact of sleep on endocrine, cardiovascular, immune, and neurological functions, up to date information on major sleep disorders and a practical guide to treatment. The course will incorporate didactic lectures, Q&A and panel discussions.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate common and serious consequences of sleep loss;
- Develop a basic understanding of sleep physiology;
- Recognize physical examination findings that indicate likelihood of a sleep disorder;
- Analyze the function of circadian rhythms and their effects on sleep, cognitive function, and disease;
- Develop strategies to treat and manage sleep disorders
This course is targeted to physicians, psychologists, physician assistants, nurses, and nurse practitioners. This course may also be of interest to specialty physicians who practice in Family Medicine, Geriatrics, Internal Medicine, and Neurology.