- This event has passed.
Principles of Pediatric Anesthesia and Critical Care – Harvard Medical School / Boston Children’s Hospital
May 6, 2016 - May 8, 2016$795
The recent growth and sub-specialization of pediatric anesthesia have identified specific areas that are unique when compared to the general practice of anesthesia. This course provides a comprehensive, up-to-date and current research review of the most important changes and advances relevant to the practice of pediatric anesthesia and critical care. The program includes a variety of evidence-based lectures with question and answer sessions, hands-on workshops in difficult airway management, regional anesthesia/pain management and introduction to basic transesophageal ECHO management. The aim is to provide new information and skills that will impact and improve safety and quality in the pediatric operating room and the intensive care unit.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
- Student Nurse Anesthetists
- Pediatric Nurses
- Other healthcare workers that take care of pediatric patients in the perioperative setting
- Updates on the latest innovation in pediatric anesthesia science and clinical care from visionary experts in the field
- Presentation of cutting-edge research, including basic science, clinical trial, and innovative therapies
- Complimentary hands-on workshop: Pediatric Airway
- Regional Block and Pain Treatment Workshop and TEE for Non-Cardiac Pediatric Anesthesia Workshop
- Problem-based learning discussions
- Poster presentations
- Anesthetic Neurotoxicity in Infants and Young Children lunch session with Dr. Dean Andropoulos