- This event has passed.
Primary Care Women’s Health – Cleveland Clinic
September 22, 2016 @ 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM$275
The field of women’s health is rapidly changing with the advances in research and the introduction of novel therapies. General practitioners are expected to be the expert on all major treatments and medications that their patients may inquire about. A review of current data from studies and their application to clinical practices will accompany a highlight of best practices that review the latest therapies, procedures, and diagnostics in women’s health.
Who Should Attend?
This activity is designed for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses who provide primary care to women. Other healthcare professionals with an interest in women’s health will also gain significant knowledge by attending this activity.
Improve Your Knowledge To:
- Summarize the diagnostic criteria for chronic pelvic pain, its cause, and the efficacy of treatment approaches, including alternative interventions
- Critically review the efficacy, side effects, and patient selection criteria for pelvic floor therapy to treat chronic pelvic pain in women
- Describe psychosocial factors and comorbid psychiatric disorders associated with chronic pain and discuss strategies for including psychologists as part of an integrated care team
- Recognize the biologic and lifestyle factors that influence the course of migraine in women
- Provide an overview of the gender-specific differences in chronic constipation and fecal incontinence in women and review medical and surgical treatment approaches
- Recognize, diagnose, and treat recurrent and atypical infections of the vagina and noninfectious causes of recurrent vulvovaginitis
- Identify and treat common dermatological conditions in women: rosacea, melasma, lentigo, acne, and alopecia areata