- This event has passed.
Practical Advice for New Consultants – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
May 19, 2016 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM£178
This full day event aims to guide newly appointed Consultants, or those who are about to be appointed, through the major issues they will encounter in the first years following appointment, particularly those areas not discussed in postgraduate or specialty training. Topics covered will include:
- Understand the Consultant Contract as it relates to Job Planning
- Understand the importance of Time Management in the efficient running of your office
- Recognise opportunities in Service Development locally and nationally
Suitable for: newly appointed consultants, Senior trainees about to be appointed as consultants, Those returning from a period of absence.
Programme will include:
- Preparing for the Consultant interview / the first months in the job – Mr. John Harden, Emergency Medicine Consultant, Wishaw General Hospital
- Time management and secretarial support – Dr. Michael Fail, Geriatric Medicine Consultant, Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- The inside track for NHS Business Cases – Mr. Alan Hunter, Director of Performance, NHS Scotland