- This event has passed.
PENS Conference – Pediatric Endocrinology Nursing Society
May 16 - May 19$575
The National Conference provides a forum for educational opportunities as well as a chance to interact with colleagues and experts in the field of pediatric endocrinology. The faculty will present information on a variety of pediatric endocrine disorders, as well as topics of general interest to nurses and other health care professionals. Teaching methods will include lectures, interactive sessions, discussions, workshops and poster sessions.
The conference is designed for nurses and other health care professionals interested in recent developments in the field of pediatric endocrinology nursing, including pediatric diabetes.
It is PENS’ goal to promote high-quality endocrinology nursing practice through this educational offering. Conference participants receive the latest information in basic to advanced practice, experience and research as demonstrated by pediatric endocrinologists and pediatric endocrinology nurses.
- Develop new skills to improve educational and patient outcomes
- Provide educational opportunities in pediatric endocrinology for nurses and others with expertise in the area
- Promote the pursuit of nursing practice and research through a poster session
- Provide educational opportunities in the management and treatment of selected endocrine disorders
- Provide direction for understanding health care changes
- Objectives for each session are listed within the schedule
The key benefit of attending the PENS Conference is the opportunity to develop relationships with your colleagues through networking. Networking offers many tangible benefits to conference participants, including, but not limited to, validating your experience in providing nursing care and developing a better understanding of your practice and your role in care delivery by discovering that others are dealing
with similar circumstances, solving the same problems and confronting the same issues. Take advantage of this national gathering of pediatric endocrinology nurses to learn more about national issues and trends.