- This event has passed.
Patient Safety in Perioperative Practice – The Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA)
July 20, 2016 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM£200
A one-day meeting to discuss patient safety, including the barriers to delivering safe perioperative care, and strategies on how to overcome them. Its aims are to build upon existing knowledge and clinical practice to make systems, processes and organisations safer: Using the science of patient safety, drawing upon previous errors and the use of education (including simulation) and quality improvement programs, to improve patient care.
Lectures will include:
- What matters to patients
- Patient safety – defining the problems and strategies to address them
- Damage limitation – minimising unintentional harm: complexity, error, team working and human factors
- Dr WHO: How I learnt to love the checklist
- Checklists and Lifebox
- Crisis resource management – the concept to avoid and manage crisis
- Lessons in safety from aviation
- The GMC & patient safety
- The future of patient safety