- This event has passed.
Orthodontics for the General Dentist or Pediatric Dentist – The University of Florida
October 20, 2017 - October 22, 2017$1,499
This comprehensive course provided by orthodontists on staff at the University of Florida is designed to enhance the practitioner’s fundamental knowledge of facial growth and development, to facilitate the skills needed to identify malocclusions, and to develop a working understanding of orthodontic diagnosis and treatment. Additionally, the practitioner will be taught to recognize and treat occlusal and skeletal problems indicating interceptive, limited, and comprehensive orthodontic treatment, as well as recognize more complex and severe occlusal and skeletal problems which should be referred to an orthodontic specialist. Clinical skill involving both fixed orthodontic treatment (braces) and Invisalign techniques will be reviewed. Workshops include hands-on experience bonding brackets, changing archwires and placing finishing bends.
Additionally, throughout the lecture series, business management of orthodontic treatment within a pedodontic or general dentist office will be discussed.
This comprehensive course will help a practitioner who is not an orthodontic specialist to:
- Gain clinical and didactic knowledge of orthodontics
- Properly diagnose orthodontic dental malocclusions and skeletal discrepancies
- Recognize potential complications and the need to refer to a orthodontic specialist when appropriate
- Develop a competent treatment plan
- Implement biomechanical methods to treat orthodontic cases.