- This event has passed.
Nutritional IV Symposium – American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
June 17, 2016 - June 18, 2016$599
This two-day symposium is designed for physicians, nurse practitioners, and other medical professionals looking to develop their knowledge of intravenous nutritional therapies. This course will cover the fundamentals and expand on the use of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other unique parenteral compounds. A hands-on demonstration will be included. Attendees will leave the symposium with a thorough understanding of IV therapy and the ability to implement various IV protocols when they return to their practices.
- Learn how to safely administer IV therapy and assess patient progress
- Review the operational aspects of IV room set-up, equipment, and supplies needed
- Understand how to calculate osmolarity and why pH is important
- Become familiar with diagnostic and evaluation testing requirements
- Differentiate between parenteral fluid options and the specific uses in nutritional therapy
- Learn numerous vitamins and minerals and how to create targeted IV treatments
- Gain a thorough understanding of high-dose vitamin C and differentiate between anti-oxidant and pro-oxidant doses
- Discuss amino acids and how to tailor formulations to patient conditions
- Learn the benefits of unique parenteral compounds and their role in a functional medicine practice
- Acquire knowledge of chelation therapy and specifics on how to remove toxic heavy metals
- Receive protocols for Anti-Aging, improved well-being, fatigue, detoxification, and immune support