- This event has passed.
Nitrous Oxide Psychosedation: Certification Course – The University of Florida
October 7, 2016 - October 8, 2016$699
Nitrous oxide-oxygen sedation properly administered to the conscious child or adult provides an important adjunctive aid to the management of the apprehensive patient. This course is designed to prepare the general dentist and auxiliary to use nitrous oxide psychosedation confidently in the office environment. The didactic and clinical instruction will give the participant a step-by-step procedural approach for the control of anxiety in the conscious patient. The structure of the program will follow the guidelines for an approved office inhalation analgesia course as required by both Florida and Georgia Boards of Dentistry. To meet American Dental Association guidelines, twelve hours of this course will consist of a review of the instructional material, in a home-study format. A pre- and post-test will be given for certification.
At the completion of this course the participant should:
- Know the history and characteristics of Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- Know the basic respiratory physiology, including the uptake and distribution of gases
- Know the states of anesthesia and phases of State I Anesthesia
- Know the pharmacology, and physiology of Nitrous Oxide
- Know the indications, contraindications, and complications of inhalation analgesia
- Know the characteristics of the Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen delivery system
- Know a clinical protocol for the use of Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation