- This event has passed.
Module VI: A Metabolic and Nutritional Approach to Toxicology and Detoxification – Metabolic Medical Institute (MMI)
August 11, 2016 - August 13, 2016$2,500
This module covers symptoms, disorders & diseases associated with exposures of heavy metals, pesticides, chemicals, drugs, nutrients, the natural environment & other toxic causes of oxidative stress. This course describes the pathophysiology of toxic exposure, methods to prevent & avoid exposure including nutritional & lifestyle approaches, early detection, lab testing & treatment protocols. Metabolic, digestive & antioxidative detoxification phases & processes are detailed.
Upon completion of this module, the participants will:
- Understand the nutritional & environmental regulation of toxic metals
- Know the role that heavy metal toxicity places in disease
- Recognize the role that excitotoxins play in the developing brain
- Learn the role that excitotoxins play in disease
- Understand the role of antioxidants in cellular redox control
- Learn symptoms of chronic mercury poisoning
- Examine the research on the safety of mercury amalgams
- Look at the diseases related to mercury poisoning
- Examine the diseases aggravated by allergies to metals
- Learn mechanisms of mercury toxicity
- Learn nutritional detoxification methods for mercury toxicity
- Examine symptom improvement after amalgam removal
- Look at the role that environmental toxins may play in autoimmune diseases
- Learn how to assess a patient for toxic metal exposure
- and much more!