- This event has passed.
Module IV: A Metabolic and Nutritional Approach to Gastroenterology – Metabolic Medical Institute (MMI)
August 11, 2016 - August 13, 2016$2,500
A core module in the Fellowship in Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine, this course provides comprehensive metabolic, functional and nutritional approaches to gastrointestinal dysfunction and diseases. Topics will include physiology & pathophysiology, GI microbiome & dysbiosis, gut permeability, diet, inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease and gluten sensitivity, the gut-immune-brain connection, irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive and glandular disorders are highlighted.
Upon completion of this module, the participants will:
- Learn factors associated with intestinal permeability
- Discuss the consequences of inflammation on the neurological system
- Look at the effects of endocytic receptors, scavenger receptors & RAGE’s have on the inflammatory response
- Learn the importance of the gastrointestinal tract’s role in the immune system
- Know the crucial role that neurotransmitters have in the body & how they impact various organ systems
- Learn the many reasons why patients have a difficult time losing weight & keeping it off
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between the GI tract & neurotransmitter function
- Evaluate the role of diet & antibiotics in the management of gastrointestinal dysfunction
- Demonstrate the unique biochemistry of individual patients & examine the ramifications of nutrition, medications & stress on the immune system during the first years of life
- Explain the gastrointestinal system’s interface with the environment
- and much more!
- August 11, 2016
- August 13, 2016
- Event Categories:
- Clinical Nutrition, Dietetics, Gastroenterology, Health Care, Infectious Disease, Medicine, Metabolic Surgery, Nutrition & Food Science, Nutrition Medicine, Pathology, Physiology, Surgery
- CPD Credits
- Conference size
November 11 - November 14