- This event has passed.
Medical Ethics for Professionals – Nurse Edition – Professional Boundaries, Inc (PBI)
May 20, 2017 @ 8:00 AM$595
This course is designed to address administrative / ethical violations: transgressions of codes of ethics, state administrative code and Medical Practice Acts.
Violations which will typically precipitate a referral to this course include but are not limited to:
- Violation of privileged communication or breach of confidentiality
- False, fraudulent, deceptive or misleading advertising or professional status
- Fraudulent or deceptive services
- Attempting to obtain a medical license by fraud or misrepresentation
- Using one’s name to cover the actions of another not licensed to practice
- Failure to disclose financial interest in a referral entity
- Falsification of patient records or patient logs
- Misleading or deceptive communication with regulatory boards
- Covering or failure to acknowledge previous disciplinary action
This course does not cover the specific issue of professional sexual misconduct, sexual impropriety or sexual violations which are more thoroughly addressed in other Professional Boundaries, Inc. courses. However, a violator in this area may gain some understanding and insight into the underlying dynamics that might have triggered this behavior.
- Gain an understanding of moral authority and ethical decision making.
- Understand the relationship between ethical content and ethical process.
- Review codes and laws relevant to their specific offense
- Communicate the harm done from ethical / legal violations.
- Identify and define violation potentials for ethical issues utilizing the Ethics Formula
- Create an Ethics Protection Plan to maintain and safeguard professional ethics.
- Learn to utilize peer group discussions for ethical dilemma resolution.