- This event has passed.
Limited OB Ultrasound – Advanced Health Education Center (AHEC)
August 27, 2016 - August 28, 2016$1,190
Expedite your patient’s diagnosis with the tools and techniques needed to obtain a diagnostic image with ultrasound. This two-day program combines lecture and supervised hands on scan experience on live models for the healthcare professional. Content presented will include an introduction to ultrasound instrumentation and female anatomy. Both transabdominal and endovaginal scanning techniques will be discussed. Fetal measurements, anomalies, BPP and placenta will be discussed.
At the completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Utilize the principles of instrumentation to obtain diagnostic images
- Identify the difference in techniques related to transabdominal and transvaginal pelvic scanning techniques
- Identify basic fetal anatomy, and perform a BPP
- Complete a limited OB exam
- Identify basic fetal anomalies and their ultrasound appearance
- Apply appropriate measurement techniques for obtaining gestational age according to AIUM standards
- Recognize the parameters needed to diagnose ectopic pregnancy
- Physics and instrumentation in ultrasound
- Pelvic anatomy as related to first trimester ultrasound
- Fetal normal and abnormal anatomy
- Scan protocols as recommended by AIUM
- Fetal growth and development
- Fetal measurements and BPP
- Ectopic pregnancy
Physicians seeking entry level information for OB and gynecological ultrasound. Physician specialties can include but are not limited to OB/GYN specialists, family practice, internal medicine, emergency medicine or radiology. In addition, this course is beneficial for nurses, midwives, sonographers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and radiology technicians.