- This event has passed.
Internal Medicine Board Review Course – Emory University School of Medicine
July 23, 2016 - July 27, 2016$1,275
The Annual Comprehensive Board Review in Internal Medicine is a comprehensive review of Internal Medicine. It specifically targets those physicians that are either completing their first American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) certification or preparing for their re-certification exam. It is meant to provide board relevant updates in management and treatment of the spectrum of diseases that span all the subspecialties in internal medicine.
Furthermore, non-medical specialties like Neurology and Dermatology are reviewed as they are needed to care for medical patients, and questions on these topics are asked on the ABIM examination.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses in general internal medicine through didactic and question and answer sessions with faculty.
- Recognize common presentations of uncommon conditions and uncommon presentations of common conditions encountered by internists.
- List approaches to the diagnosis and therapy of common internal medicine conditions.
- Describe current treatment guidelines for common medical ailments.
- Improve competence for independent study in preparation for the ABIM exam.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for all physicians preparing for the ABIM Certifying or Re-Certifying Exams. This course also serves as an excellent overview for practicing internists, family physicians, and others interested in refreshing their knowledge in internal medicine