- This event has passed.
ILCA Annual Conference – International Lactation Consultant Association
July 19, 2017 - July 22, 2017$1,186
The ILCA™ Annual Conference is the premier lactation education and professional development event of the year. The Conference provides a rich learning environment for lactation professionals, midwives, child and family health nurses, general practitioners, physicians, dieticians and nutritionists, breastfeeding counsellors, researchers, pharmacists, nurses, doulas, policy advocates and other advocates who assist mothers and babies with breastfeeding. It offers current and aspiring International Board Certified Lactation Consultants® (IBCLC®) information on cutting-edge evidence-based practice and research in optimal breastfeeding care and support for mothers and babies.
LEARN THE LATEST CONCEPTS IN LACTATION:
Learn new clinical techniques; absorb fresh methods of communicating; and come prepared to challenge old ways of thinking. The slate of speakers includes top thinkers and innovators from around the world. The families we serve deserve the latest in evidence-based care. You’ll find it all here!
GATHER WITH LACTATION LEADERS AND CHANGEMAKERS:
Reconnect with and learn from your peers, be inspired by those who have built our profession and glean new insights from emerging leaders in the field.
- Facilitate networking and skill development among lactation professionals.
- Disseminate research in human lactation and its integration in clinical practice.
- Stimulate awareness of cultural and social support of breastfeeding families
- Promote ethical, evidence-based practice that protects the health of mothers and babies.
- Promote breastfeeding as the expected method of infant feeding.
- Promote equitable access to breastfeeding and to the IBCLC profession.
- Promote support of families’ informed choices in breastfeeding.
If you’re an exhibitor, reach hundreds of lactation professionals at ILCA’s Annual Conference! Lactation consultants, midwives, physicians, breastfeeding counselors, researchers, pharmacists, nurses, doula, and other health professionals from around the world will attend the conference. This is YOUR opportunity to ensure these highly educated lactation professionals – who have influence with expectant and new parents, as well as healthcare organizations – know about your products and services.