- This event has passed.
HIPAA Privacy Security – Time to Get Serious – GlobalCompliancePanel
October 13, 2016 - October 14, 2016$1,295
This seminar will go into great detail about what is going on in the HIPAA Security/Privacy world. We will discuss why the government is all of a sudden going full bore in demanding compliance. You will learn risk factors to avoid, best practices you should be doing, and how to be proactive in your efforts.
In addition we are going to be discussing the methods in which patients can now sue under HIPAA and the steps they may be taking for civil remedy. On top of that what your practice or business needs to do so you can avoid the situation all together.
We will explain what is involved in a HIPAA audit, how it is done, why it is being done, risk factors, how to avoid an audit altogether, and what to expect if audited (from real life experience).
We will travel through time and see how the legislation has progressed, why it was benign somewhat in the past, and where we are now…. All the way from the inception in 1996 to the current Omnibus Ruling.
Why should you attend:
- HIPAA now has teeth and funding
- Be proactive NOT reactive
- What was once basically a benign law is now a nightmare
- The government is outsourcing a lot of the auditing task to reach more targets
- Patients suing under HIPAA will be much more common
- Learn risk factors to avoid being sued by patients
- What can you do to limit risks of an audit
- Is your IT adequate – why this is so important and can cost your astronomically if not implemented properly
- Meaningful Use and HIPAA
- Business Associates and their responsibilities
- Business Associates and the need to provide proper assurance to any future and current clients of their compliance levels