- This event has passed.
Hip, Ankle and Distal Radial Fractures Course – The Royal College Of Surgeons Of England
April 5, 2016 - April 6, 2016£475
This workshop course has been designed to familiarise you with the techniques used for operative fixation of the common hip and ankle and distal radius fractures. You will learn the principles of decision making, management, practice fixation techniques and understand complications.
- Basic principles of internal fixation
- Use of plates and screws in orthopaedic surgery
- Anatomy of the wrist, ankle and hip
- Hip fracture demonstration and fixation
- Ankle fracture demonstration and treatment
- Distal radius fracture management
- Pearls and pitfalls of fixation techniques
- Understand the mechanism, classification and management of ankle fractures
- Be able to fix ankle fractures, distal radius fractures and dynamic hip screw
- Understand the classification, management of patients with hip fractures
- Classification, management and fixation options for distal radius fractures