- This event has passed.
Gynecologic and Obstetric Pathology for the Practicing Pathologist – Harvard Medical School
June 8, 2016 - June 11, 2016$995
This course presents a broad overview of many areas of GYN/OB pathology and is presented by Harvard Medical School faculty and selected guest faculty with known expertise in the specific subject matter areas. The course is designed to update both academic practicing pathologists and those in the community with new advances in gynecologic and obstetric pathology. Harvard Medical School also aims to provide aids in diagnosis based on conventional morphologic analysis as well as updates on new techniques such as immunohistochemistry and molecular pathology to the extent that they bear on establishing the correct diagnosis. This 4-day course features conventional didactic lectures with frequent discussion periods and extensive time for one-on-one contact with faculty.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate new criteria for pathologic diagnoses in the areas of gyn/ob pathology.
- Utilize updated of staging system of ob/gyn tumors discussed.
- Differentiate between diagnoses of malignancy as opposed to non-neoplastic mimics of malignancy.
- Recognize unusual entities and apply criteria for their diagnosis.
- Review the decision-making process used to arrive at specific diagnoses.
This course is targeted to Physicians. This course may also be of interest to specialty physicians who practice in Pathology.