- This event has passed.
Gain Perio/Restorative Access: Flaps and Lasers, A Workshop – The University of Florida
August 18, 2017 @ 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM$549
Subgingival margin placement can be a challenge for the restorative dentist, including patient satisfaction with esthetic appearance. In this hands-on workshop, you will experience manipulation of gingival and boney margins to obtain satisfying restorative results with defining end points and providing essential biologic width. Learn when to use a laser vs. a traditional flap in enhancing a positive result in a timely manner.
- Collect data to determine case selection and choose appropriate surgical techniques
- Define anatomical limitations of surgical restorative access
- Determine case selection and choose surgical flap/laser techniques to achieve restorative access including flap manipulation, closed laser and suturing methodologies
- Investigate laser utilization including wavelengths and respective techniques
- Review indications for mucogingival augmentation including attached gingivae and ridge anatomy
- Develop post-operative evaluation protocols assessing wound healing and complications