- This event has passed.
Fundamental to Advanced Echocardiography – Cleveland Clinic
September 16, 2016 - September 18, 2016$750
This educational activity is intended to be fundamental to advanced echocardiography course that highlights practical issues in echocardiography salient to cardiovascular medicine practices in 2016, including new imaging technologies and multimodality imaging with the focus on new products and innovations and their roles in clinical practice. You will learn about the most current clinical and research studies, hear experts’ analyses of cutting-edge technical innovations, and receive guidance on optimal use of echocardiography in your clinical practices.
Who Should Attend?
This activity is designed for physicians, sonographers, cardiologists, intensive care specialists, internists, and other practicing health care professionals who desire an update on the fundamentals and advancements in echocardiography.
By Attending, You Will Be Able To:
- Explain and apply 2D, 3D, and strain methods to quantify cardiac size and function
- Discuss the challenges and limitations of the assessment of diastolic function
- Use Doppler methods to comprehend cardiac hemodynamics
- Describe the most appropriate methods for the imaging, identification, and quantification of valvular heart disease
- Critically appraise new valve guidelines and assess their impact on clinical practice
- Describe the diagnostic use of echocardiography in the identification and diagnosis of pericardial disease, dilated cardiomyopathies, hypertrophic cardiomyopathies, and prosthetic valve dysfunction
- Explain techniques for performing and interpreting stress echocardiography
- List best uses of transesophageal echocardiography and Point of Care Ultrasound
- Describe the role of echocardiography in the assessment of the competitive athletes
- Summarize use of echocardiography in critical care