- This event has passed.
Fall Family Medicine Review – University of Colorado School of Medicine
October 31, 2016 - November 4, 2016$925
The Fall Family Medicine Review provides 5 days of continuing medical education on recent developments in patient management for Primary Care Physicians, Physician Assistants, Advanced Practice Nurses, Residents and AHPs. The educational offerings will enhance patient assessment and outcomes by utilizing didactic lectures, case presentations, skills labs and Q&A sessions. The Family Medicine Review is presented by expert faculty members of the University of Colorado School of Medicine in a format of morning lectures and afternoon interactive workshops. The purpose of the Family Medicine Review is to improve knowledge, skills, competence, performance and patient outcomes.
As a result of this activity attendees will be able to:
1. Improve the knowledge about practice transformation including practice survival and payments
2. Identify best practices for antibiotic stewardship
3. Implement best practices for management of substance abuse and addiction
4. Utilize current guidelines for management of endocrine disorders
5. Implement best practices in the management of autism spectrum disorders
6. Develop pharmacotherapeutic strategies based on evidence-based guidelines and protocols
7. Recognize and formulate treatment plans (includes when to refer) for mental health disorders
Participants will have the opportunity to select from multiple interactive workshops during the week.