- This event has passed.
Exercise Stress Testing – National Procedures Institute (NPI)
September 10, 2016 - September 11, 2016$1,095
Delayed diagnosis of cardiovascular disease is one of the most common causes for a malpractice suit for primary care. Your patient population is aging and you need to rule out or manage coronary artery disease on a daily basis. This CME medical conference covers the basics for cardiac ECG exercise stress testing (ET), including indications, contraindications, limitations, alternatives, equipment and personnel needs. Whether you have been doing exercise testing for years or are now considering it for your practice, you will benefit from this CME medical conference. Registrants will be offered the opportunity to observe or experience an ET at the workshop.
By the end of this live educational activity, participants should be better able to:
- Review the epidemiology and presentation of coronary artery disease (CAD) and discuss management options for CAD.
- Review the history of ET.
- Define the cardiopulmonary and ECG changes with exercise, normal and abnormal.
- Review the indications and contraindications for ET.
- Discuss the various protocols for ET and learn to set up, perform and interpret ETs.
- Present the guidelines for training and the experience necessary for competence.
- Review ET cases and alternatives to ET for detecting CAD.
- Review the components of exercise prescription.