- This event has passed.
Evidence Based Rehab Techniques for Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis and Peripheral Neuropathy – North American Seminars Inc.
September 24, 2016 - September 25, 2016$425
Evidence Based Rehab Techniques for Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, and Peripheral Neuropathy is organized by North American Seminars Inc and would be held during June 11 – 12, 2016 at Rush-Copley Medical Center, Aurora, Illinois, United States of America.
Continuing Education Course Objectives:
- Describe the pathophysiology of Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Peripheral Neuropathy.
- Perform a thorough evaluation of patients with Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and Peripheral Neuropathy.
- Identify the underlying physiological, anatomical changes and symptoms associated with the different stages of progression of the diseases and understand how to effectively manage rehab progression and outcomes through the symptomatic changes.
- Discuss the common medications, surgical procedures and updated clinical research used in the medical treatment of Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and Peripheral Neuropathy and their effectiveness on symptoms and how they can impact rehabilitation.
- Demonstrate understanding and competence in choosing proper assessment tools and tests for balance, gait, posture and flexibility depending on the patient’s condition and diagnosis.
- Develop evidence-based treatment programs for Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis and Peripheral Neuropathy disease while incorporating realistic functional goals with measurable outcomes.
- Incorporate exercises derived from Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, boxing and small exercise apparatuses for creative, innovative treatments for clinical and home exercise programs.
- Discuss the latest evidence-based treatment techniques and current concepts being explored in the international health community to enhance a quality of life.