- This event has passed.
Essential Surgical Skills for Cardiologists – The Royal College Of Surgeons Of England
March 8, 2016 @ 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM£275
This course is designed to provide candidates with a thorough grounding in the latest surgical materials and skills relevant to the implantation of cardiac rhythm devices. The course format includes practical demonstrations and training in the College’s state-of-the-art training facilities. This course is run in association with the British Cardiovascular Society (BCS) and British Heart Rhythm Society (BHRS).
By the end of the course, candidates will be able to:
- understand the underlying principles and be able to practise aseptic techniques when gowning, gloving and preparing patients for procedures;
- understand and be able to describe the principles of wound healing;
- handle surgical instruments and practice basic surgical skills safely;
- demonstrate their competence in tissue dissection and suturing;
- understand the principles of haemostasis and the safe use of diathermy;
- utilise surgical principles and methods to manage device infection.
Offering access to cadaveric anatomy prosections, this course reinforces the partnership between the BCS, BHRS and RCS to provide core skill competency in implanting cardiac rhythm devices.