- This event has passed.
Emergency Radiology – International Institute for Continuing Medical Education (iiCME)
April 7, 2016 - April 10, 2016$950
This course will provide an update of the techniques, indications, diagnostic strategies, and pitfalls of diagnosis encountered in the ER/Trauma setting. Attention will be paid to the diagnosis of Neurological, Musculoskeletal, Abdominal, Thoracic, and Cardiac emergencies and trauma. A special session will detail what the clinician is looking for in an ER/Trauma Radiology report.
• Discuss fundamentals of interpretation of Neurological imaging in the Emergency Department.
• Discuss fundamentals of interpretation of Musculoskeletal imaging in the Emergency Department.
• Discuss fundamentals of interpretation of Abdominal imaging in the Emergency Department
• Discuss fundamentals of interpretation of Cardiothoracic imaging in the Emergency Department
• Be able to guide technologists and clinicians in the use of bedside ultrasound for basic thoracic diagnosis and when this technique is indicated.
• Understand clinical utility of CT in Acute Coronary Syndrome.
• Demonstrate awareness of commonly missed fractures of the upper and lower extremity.
• Diagnose and understand how proper diagnosis of acute tendon and ligament tears leads to adequate management.
• Implement nuclear medicine techniques into the practice of ER radiology.
• Understand modern concepts of stroke imaging and how the practice has evolved.
• Discuss the handling of complex patients who present to the ER such as those with MSK tumors and congenital heart disease.
• Know the recommendations for incidentally detected pulmonary nodules in the ER.
The course is targeted to Radiologists, Emergency Medicine Physicians, and Surgeons.