- This event has passed.
Developing World Anaesthesia – The Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA)
October 3, 2016 @ 8:15 AM - 5:30 PM£150
The overall aim of the course is to provide a practical introduction to the practice of anaesthesia in the developing world and austere environments. The course is suitable for anyone planning, or even just thinking about going to work in the developing world, from junior trainees through to senior consultants. The course will be made up of a mixture of lectures, small group sessions and hands-on sessions and will cover the following areas:
- Introduction to drawing over anaesthesia
- Practical use of Ketamine in the field
- Hands-on equipment sessions (draw over circuits, oxygen concentrators etc.)
- Obstetric anaesthesia
- Paediatric anaesthesia
- How to organise your time away and get it recognised
- Problem-solving in the field
- Recent experience from the field
The course is taught by an experienced faculty of consultants, with some senior trainees, who between them have extensive experience of working in the developing world. Specialised equipment is provided by Diamedica UK.
The course has been running for 5 years and also runs at University Hospital Bristol Education Centre in April (www.dwasouthwest.org)