- This event has passed.
Clinical Digital Photography for Surgeons, Doctors and Dentists – The Royal College Of Surgeons Of England
March 29, 2016 - March 30, 2016
Clinical photographs are an extremely useful part of the clinical record in many areas of surgery and medicine. The ability to take, process and archive digital photographs is essential when hospital medical illustration departments may be unavailable or non-existent. This practical based course provides surgeons, doctors and dentists with the skills to produce accurate, high-quality digital photographs. Participants attending this course will have demonstrations by staff from Calumet Photographic, Canon, and other experts in clinical digital photography, medicolegal issues and photographic techniques.
- Basic techniques for clinical digital photography – cameras, lighting, composition
- Medico-legal aspects of clinical photography
- Archiving and storage of images
- Image processing
- DSLR video – basic operations and settings
The overall aim of the course is to provide participants with an understanding of the value and application of clinical digital photography and to gain skills in the basic camera and computer techniques. By the end of the course the participant will be able to:
- understand the benefits of an accurate clinical photographic record
- choose appropriate photographic equipment
- understand and use basic techniques for clinical photography including composition and lighting
- understand and use fundamental techniques for archiving, storing, labelling and retrieving digital photographs
- use essential techniques for processing images
- understand the main legal issues when taking and storing clinical digital photographs