- This event has passed.
Cleveland Clinic Epilepsy Update and Review Course
September 25, 2016 - September 27, 2016$650
Advances in the understanding and treatment of epilepsy have potential to improve the lives of many patients with epilepsy. The Cleveland Clinic Epilepsy Update & Review Course is designed to bring up to-date information and standard of care practice to all neurologists with an interest in the diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy. Two full days of the course are devoted to comprehensive range of topics covering epilepsy syndromes and seizures in children and adults, antiepileptic drugs, comorbidities, women’s issues, treatment options for refractory epilepsy, and imaging techniques used in epilepsy. The last half day reviews interpretation of electroencephalography as relevant to epilepsy.
After completing this activity, the participant will be able to do the following:
- Review the Essential Pathophysiology and Classification of the Epilepsies.
- Review the pharmacology and action of antiepileptic drugs (AEDs).
- Describe major epileptic syndromes across the age spectrum.
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of epilepsy and related paroxysmal disorders such as syncope, cardiac events and nonepileptic seizures.
- Discuss epilepsy management in women of childbearing age.
- Describe treatment options for patients with medically refractory epilepsy.
- Interpret electroencephalographic information in ambulatory patients, in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit in ICU and in status epilepticus.
The symposium is designed for adult and pediatric neurologists and epileptologists.