- This event has passed.
Cleveland Clinic Advanced Diagnostic Bronchoscopy Workshop
April 15, 2016 - April 16, 2016$445
Cleveland Clinic Respiratory Institute presents a collaborative workshop bringing together leading faculty to address recent developments in the role of advanced bronchoscopy in lung cancer diagnostics and staging, specimen acquisition, and rapid on-site evaluation and genotyping.
Expert faculty will engage attendees in an interactive learning experience intended to increase knowledge and skill levels through participation in lectures and non-CME, hands-on sessions which will provide skill building in EBUS-TBNA, conventional TBNA, BAL, EBBx, TBBx, and indwelling pleural catheter placement. Special emphasis will be placed on a Meet the Professor session, including discussion of the Top 10 “No-No’s” in bronchoscopy.
Attendees Will Learn How To:
- Apply the fundamentals of endobronchial ultrasound to clinical practice
- Describe the roles of bronchoscopy in lung cancer diagnostics and staging
- Use imaging to depict mediastinal anatomy and lymph nodes
- Demonstrate techniques of radial and convex probe endobronchial ultrasound
- Describe airway management during advanced bronchoscopy procedures
- Summarize principles of therapeutic bronchoscopy
- Demonstrate management of malignant or recurrent pleural effusions with an indwelling pleural catheter
Who Should Attend:
Pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, anesthesiologists, fellows, nurses, advanced practice nurses, physician assistants, and respiratory therapists will gain hands-on experience using new techniques along with expert reviews of the principles and applicable guidelines.