CIRA Annual Meeting – Canadian Interventional Radiology Association
May 31, 2018 - June 2, 2018$1,130
Through the years, CIRA has strived to deliver world-class IR education through an academic program that addresses the various facets of IR. On behalf of the scientifi c committee, we welcome you to Niagara Falls, Ontario for the most comprehensive IR educational experience in Canada. As in previous years, the program incorporates many facets of Interventional radiology practice with vascular, non-vascular and oncology themes relevant to both academic and community practices. To enhance the breadth of knowledge and techniques in IR, they have recruited respected members from across their Canadian IR community, as well as illustrious international guest speakers whom they are honoured to welcome.
CIRA are always looking for ways to bring more interactivity into their sessions. In addition to their interactive workshops, they have introduced the use of a social media platform (Twitter @CIRA2000) to encourage discussion amongst attendees and the speakers. Due to the resounding positive feedback from the previous meeting, they have brought back the “Diffi cult Case Panel Presentation” and a “Multidisciplinary Panel Case Presentation” which will simulate real-life situations and help their members enhance complex decision making in their practice.
At the end of the meeting, the participant should expect to:
- Describe the role of catheter-directed thrombolysis for treatment of submassive pulmonary embolism
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the radial access technique
- Classify the role of the body interventionalist in stroke management
- Review the management of DVT in the wake of the newly published InterEPID clinical practice guidelines (CMAJ 2015; 187: 1288-96)
- Examine the state of Renal Artery Stenting following the CORAL study
- Discuss the new TASC II guidelines and its implications in the management of PVD
- Review the interpretation and application of scientific data and outcome parameters as it applies to oncology trials
- Assess the field of regenerative medicine in the treatment of PVD
- Describe the outpatient management for UFE
- Review appropriate patient selection in IR oncology treatments
- Review thermal and non-thermal IR management of painful skeletal metastases
- Discuss the role of Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SRBT) in the management of liver malignancies
- Explain the fiscal challenges in managing an IR department from an administrative perspective and how to advocate for resources in your department
- Question opinions and experience in difficult cases through workshops, debates and panel cases
- Discuss the future direction of IR
This CME event will be of great interest to Interventional Radiologists, Radiology residents, Interventional Radiology Fellows as well as Technologists and Nurses working in Interventional Radiology. This event could be of interest for any healthcare provider with an interest in Interventional Radiology.