- This event has passed.
BritSpine – The United Kingdom Spine Societies Board Ltd (UKSSB)
April 6, 2016 - April 8, 2016£450
Following on from the success of BritSpine 2014 held at the University of Warwick, we are delighted to be hosting BritSpine 2016 in the bustling and cultural city of Nottingham. With links to Robin Hood and a rich history, the city offers a wealth of heritage in a compact location easily accessible for all.
This year’s meeting and exhibition will be taking place at the Nottingham Conference Centre, a bespoke conference facility that blends with the traditional buildings around it, which is part of Nottingham Trent University. The central venue has a superb track record and has been chosen specifically to allow BritSpine 2016 to offer the best facilities for the attendees and commercial partners.
In addition to the main paper presentations, there are a number of unique sessions for 2016 including:
- A ‘Grandmasters of Spine Symposium’ with past spinal masters sharing their wealth of experience;
- A must-attend session on ‘Informed Consent in the Post-Montgomery era’;
- A number of important and politically charged discussions in the ‘Spine Care Strategy 2020’ session;
- The first combined British Scoliosis Society / Scoliosis Research Society Worldwide event at a BritSpine conference with internationally renowned speakers and experts;
- An AOSpine Instructional Session;
- A brand new ‘Best of the Best’ papers session.
Once again there is a pre-meeting trainees’ cadaver lab that will be held at the Queens Medical Centre but new for 2016, there is a Spine Masterclass focusing on ‘Management of Spinal Complications’ that will run on the afternoon of Tuesday 5th April at the Nottingham Conference Centre.
On Friday afternoon 8th April there will be two additional meetings bringing spinal care “Together”:
- Improving Spinal Care – National Low back and Radicular Pain Pathway – meeting with interactive workshops. This will introduce these major initiatives from NHS England and enable participant feedback through workshops to enhance project implementation.
- PCPIE, the Patient forum open for supporting groups and patients alike.
We welcome you to share these fantastic learning events and networking opportunities at a range of social events.