- This event has passed.
Breast Imaging in Sydney – International Institute for Continuing Medical Education (iiCME)
August 18, 2016 - August 21, 2016$895
This intensive four-day Breast Imaging course provides radiologists the unique opportunity to enhance their skills at early cancer detection through an interactive workshop at the workstation. Each attendee will review 100 digital cases containing many small cancers in the test set on their own, and then review all 100 cases with an expert faculty. Test set will also include several cases utilizing Tomosynthesis. In-depth didactic sessions on Mammography and Whole Breast Ultrasound will also be included. Focus on separate days will be devoted to Tomosynthesis and Breast MRI. The faculty will also discuss the emerging technologies of Molecular Breast Imaging, Contrast-enhanced Mammography, 3-D Ultrasound, and Optical Diffusion. Expert panel discussions will be interspersed throughout the course, allowing attendees ample opportunity to enrich the learning experience through direct interaction with faculty members.
By the end of this course, registrants will be able to:
- Apply new and improved skills in perception to the interpretation of mammograms.
- Gain a greater appreciation of the importance of meticulous perception techniques in the detection of subtle early breast cancer.
- Develop strategies to reduce the possibility of a missed lesion on mammography.
- Understand the new role of ultrasound in breast cancer detection, both with hand-held and automated systems.
- Appreciate the value added to mammography by tomosynthesis in boosting both sensitivity and specificity in breast cancer detection.
- Delineate the ever-increasing importance of Breast MR in the everyday practice of breast imaging.
- Gain a greater grasp of the potential roles of the emerging technologies of Molecular Breast Imaging, Contrast-enhanced Mammography, 3-D Ultrasound, and Optical Diffusion in Breast Cancer detection.
This course is intended for all radiologists with a special interest in Breast Imaging. The faculty is comprised of internationally recognized expert teachers of Breast Imaging with a broad breadth of experience and knowledge in this field.