- This event has passed.
APA Institute on Psychiatric Services (IPS) – American Psychiatric Association
October 6, 2016 - October 9, 2016$585
The American Psychiatric Association’s leading educational conference on clinical issues and community mental health to meet the service needs of people with the severe mental illness. APA hosts two major educational conferences every year: the APA Annual Meeting and the Institute on Psychiatric Services (IPS). Both meetings provide a robust scientific environment featuring new research, patient care strategies, and new treatment choices.
The main reasons to attend:
- Understand and master the rapid and dramatic changes in the practices of psychiatry and behavioral health.
- Learn about clinical innovations to improve patient care.
- Identify and improve mental health disparities in the community.
- Network with colleagues and share solutions to the challenges you face.
- Earn up to 27 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits(TM)
The IPS attracts an unusually high percentage of psychiatrists in leadership positions at community mental health centers, state offices of mental health, university clinics, and private group practices. Many such individuals play major roles in setting clinic, hospital, city, or state pharmaceutical policies. Many have significantly larger case loads under their supervision or direct care. Thus, the IPS provides a unique opportunity to educate leaders in mental health policy and care from around the country.