- This event has passed.
Annual Update in Psychiatry: Trending Topics in Substance Abuse – Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)
June 2, 2016 - June 3, 2016$550
Substance abuse issues are a matter of great public health significance. Over forty people a day die of the opioid overdose. The use, distribution and decriminalization of marijuana continue. All healthcare providers encounter substance abuse patients on a daily basis. Co-sponsored by the MUSC Addiction Sciences Division, this year’s conference features internationally renowned experts in the field of substance abuse sharing their clinical experience and latest research findings for two days of networking and education.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Better assess, diagnose and treat substance abuse disorders with up to date evidence based information.
- Identify specific approaches to diagnosis and treatment of patients dealing with substance abuse.
- Implement assessment measures and strategies to better identify unhealthy substance use.
- Accurately identify substance abuse patterns in patients and their effects on other comorbid disorders.
- Social Workers
- Other Healthcare Professionals