- This event has passed.
Annual Oral Pathology Symposium: LUST IN PATHOLOGY (Lumps, Ulcers, Striae, Treatment) and Diagnosis Update – The University of Florida
February 17, 2017 - February 18, 2017$709
This seminar will present a potpourri of interesting case studies in oral and maxillofacial pathology covering a variety of conditions encountered in general and specialty dental practices. The presenters will utilize an Audience Response System which will enable participants to anonymously respond and interact with the presenters. In addition, the lecture will be customized by the audience responses and questions to better facilitate learning.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and formulate a differential diagnosis, understand the etiology and management of various oral lesions and diseases
- Recognize and understand the association of human papilloma virus with numerous oral soft tissue lesions and the enormous implications of HPV driven cancers and lesions to our dental practice
- Understand the chemistry, pathogenesis, signs and symptoms of osteochemonecrosis related to bisphosphonate and other newer drugs
- Understand the molecular and clinical basis for squamous cell carcinomas of the oral cavity
- Better recognize abnormalities, improve diagnostic skills and management techniques of oral soft and hard tissue lesions utilizing anonymous audience response devices