- This event has passed.
Annual Musculoskeletal Ultrasound – International Institute for Continuing Medical Education (iiCME)
April 24, 2016 - April 28, 2016$1,500
This five-day course will provide dedicated instruction in musculoskeletal ultrasound of the extremities and will include supervised hands-on workshops with live models. An additional interventional workshop will allow the participant to practice needle placement under ultrasound guidance using a turkey breast and pig feet model. The course will consist of concurrent introductory and intermediate tracks. Full-course registration in the introductory track will consist of lectures and hands-on workshops that review ultrasound scanning protocols and essential pathology, while the intermediate track will consist
of focused and advanced lecture topics and hands-on workshop topics specified by the participants. Alternatively, lecture only registration includes hours of comprehensive lectures from both tracks covering scanning techniques, live demonstrations, as well as advanced topics.
Introductory Track: Suggested for participants who are developing scanning techniques and joint scanning
Intermediate Track: Suggested for registrants who have attended prior musculoskeletal ultrasound courses, who are able to demonstrate normal anatomy, and who are comfortable with common pathology (i.e. those who have scanned >100 patients).
Through didactic presentations and hands-on workshops, participants will be able to:
• Become familiar with the anatomy of the extremities
• List the basic components of extremity ultrasound techniques
• Scan a subject using ultrasound and recognize major anatomical structures
• Recognize common pathology of the musculoskeletal system as seen at ultrasound
• Become familiar with ultrasound-guided interventional techniques
Highlights of the program include:
• Concurrent Introductory and Intermediate Tracks
• Electronic course syllabus included
• Limited registration to ensure ample hands-on experience and close supervision
• Additional independent scanning open to participants each afternoon (Sunday – Tuesday, no models or faculty)
• Optional Wednesday afternoon workshop for review and to address specific questions / applications with faculty
• Opportunity to use and compare several ultrasound machines from various companies
• Afternoons free for independent study, relaxation, or recreation
• Continental breakfast included each morning.
This course will be of interest to radiologists, physicians in the fields related to musculoskeletal system, and sonography technologists. Those without musculoskeletal ultrasound experience, as well as those wanting to refine skills are both welcome. This course provides a comprehensive overview of musculoskeletal ultrasound with ample opportunity to discuss advanced applications during the workshops.