- This event has passed.
Annual Mammography in Santa Fe: Music, Mammograms, and Mountains – International Institute for Continuing Medical Education (iiCME)
August 8, 2016 - August 12, 2016$2,085
This course is designed for radiologists who find themselves challenged by the new practical issues of performing successful high-quality breast imaging in a
changing medical environment. This year, they have redesigned the course to better meet every radiologist’s ongoing breast imaging needs:
THREE GREAT WAYS TO MEET ALL YOUR INITIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR MQSA, FDA, AND ACR ACCREDITATION IN MAMMOGRAPHY, BREAST MRI, AND TOMOSYNTHESIS, ALL IN ONE CONFERENCE!
Attendees have a CHOICE of attending the didactic track encompassing all breast imaging modalities, and/or any or all of the THREE interactive workshop tracks, all taught by a world-class faculty:
1. In MAMMOGRAPHY (240 unknown cases read by each attendee at the
2. In MRI (Society of Breast MRI Hands-on 100 case review at the workstation), and
3. In TOMOSYNTHESIS (8 hours of interactive instruction).
By doing so, attendees can meet the 240 case initial recertification requirements in mammography under MQSA, meet the 100 cases MRI interpretation requirements for ACR accreditation in breast MRI, and meet the initial 8 hours of training required by FDA for interpretation of Tomosynthesis cases!
By the end of this course, registrants will be able to:
• Apply new and improved skills in perception to the interpretation of screening mammograms.
• Develop strategies to reduce the possibility of a missed lesion at screening.
• Perform a more comprehensive evaluation of screening-detected abnormalities, including appropriate use of special mammographic views, ultrasound, MR, and other modalities.
• Appraise the current status of interventional breast procedures, especially core biopsy.
• Perform the techniques of stereotactic, ultrasound, and MR-guided core needle biopsy of the breast.
• Delineate the expanding role of the Breast MR in the everyday practice of breast imaging, including its role in screening high-risk patients.
• Perform interpretation of up to 240 digital mammograms at the workstation, documented toward accreditation or re-accreditation in mammography under MQSA.
• Perform interpretation of up to 100 Breast MR examinations, documented toward ACR Breast MR accreditation.
• Acquire up to 8 hours of Tomosynthesis interactive instruction, documented toward fulfilling the 8 hours required by FDA for one to perform and interpret Tomosynthesis.
• Appreciate the role of Whole Breast Ultrasound in breast cancer screening.