- This event has passed.
Annual Course Current Concepts in Surgical Pathology – Harvard Medical School
October 31, 2016 - November 4, 2016$1,500
This course presents a broad overview of many areas of surgical pathology and is presented by Harvard Medical School faculty with known expertise in the specific subject matter areas. The course is designed to update both academic practicing pathologists and those in the community with new advances in surgical pathology. HMD also aims to provide aids in diagnosis based on conventional morphologic analysis as well as updates on new techniques such as immunohistochemistry and molecular pathology to the extent that they bear on establishing the correct diagnosis. This five-day course features conventional didactic lectures with frequent discussion periods and extensive time for one-on-one contact with faculty.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize unusual entities using diagnostic criteria.
- Evaluate new criteria for pathologic diagnoses in all areas of surgical pathology
- Review the decision-making process used to arrive at a specific diagnosis.
- Utilize modern staging system for tumor identification
- Apply immunohistochemistry judiciously to establish or confirm diagnoses.
This course is designed for physicians specializing in pathology, pathologist’s assistants, senior residents and fellows in training, and faculty of academic medical centers outside of the USA.