- This event has passed.
Annual Charleston Magnolia Conference – Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)
June 3, 2016 - June 4, 2016$550
The Charleston Magnolia Conference consists of two half-day sessions covering the broad spectrum of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. The lectures and roundtable discussions are specifically aimed at the practicing otolaryngologist. There will be ample opportunity for questions, comments, and presentation of cases by the audience. The goal will be to review and to provide the latest information on a broad range of topics so that optimal diagnostic and management strategies can be formulated. The conference will be held at The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel, 115 Meeting Street in downtown Charleston. Afternoons and evenings will be free to attend Spoleto Festival events, sightsee in historic Charleston, play golf, or enjoy beach and water recreational activities.
Upon completion of this conference, participants should be better able to:
1. Apply new guidelines for optimal evaluation and treatment of adult patients with sinusitis.
2. Differentiate between the new treatment paradigm for children with thyroid disease vs. treatment for adults.
3. Identify and prevent circumstances that could precipitate complications in chronic ear surgery.
4. Define current management strategies for sialadenitis.
5. Explain the surgical management of skin cancer in the head and neck.
6. Recognize treatment options for spastic dysphonia.
7. Apply current diagnostic and management protocols to esophageal dysphagia.