- This event has passed.
Annual Advanced Robotic Gynecologic: A Team Approach – NYU Langone Medical Center
June 10, 2016 - June 11, 2016$499
This course provides a unique opportunity to understand the essentials of the role of a robotic platform in gynecologic surgery as well as provide current evidence and recommendations regarding minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. The program will consist of a series of didactic lectures to establish the key steps in converting your open abdominal procedures into minimally invasive procedures. Each procedure will be broken down to simple and reproducible steps. They will also address proper patient selection, surgical approach and how to implement them safely and cost effectively.
At the conclusion of this activity, clinicians should be able to:
- Describe proper patient positioning for robotic procedures
- Describe proper trocar placement and docking techniques for robotic procedures
- Identify the proper operative techniques for minimizing vaginal cuff dehiscence
- Define proper morcellation technique and how to avoid morcellation related injuries
- Define a step-by-step approach for a robotic-assisted hysterectomy
- Describe a step-by-step approach for a robotic-assisted myomectomy
Obstetricians/gynecologists interested in learning more about robotic surgery and gaining proficiency with the robotic platform